They don’t have the mass-market appeal of Macs or Windows machines, but Chromebooks are great alternatives. They boot up quickly, are safer, and are usually much less expensive than the competition.
Chromebooks also have a leg-up on the competition in another area: updates. Not only is it easy to update your Chromebook, but updates only take a few minutes to download and install. By the time PCs and Macs finish updating, you’re up and running with your Chromebook. Here’s our step-by-step guide on how to perform a Chromebook update.
Also: What is a Chromebook and what can it do?
How to update your Chromebook?
- Connect your Chromebook to the internet over Wi-Fi or ethernet.
- Click on the settings tray in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Enter the settings using the gear icon.
- Click on About Chrome OS on the bottom of the left column.
- Select the Check for updates option.
- Once the update finishes downloading, click Restart.
There you have it — that’s how you can perform a Chromebook update. Want to learn more about Chromebooks? Check out various tips and tricks at the links below!
10 best gif creator apps and GIF editor apps for Android
15 best emulators for Android to play old favorites
You Might Like
The 7 best Chromebooks (October 2020) – Google, Asus, Lenovo, and more
You don’t have to wait for Prime Day: The best Chromebook deals available now
How to run Android apps on your Chromebook
Buyer’s guide: What is a Chromebook, what can and can’t it do?
Your source for all things Android!
©2020 Android Authority | All Rights Reserved.